Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Teaser Tuesday

 



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read(s)
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) -- or more -- “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

My teasers:

"Wear the blue shirt and your Tommy Hilfiger's."
"Which blue one? I have two now, thanks to you."
"I was getting sick of the green. It was like your wardrobe was varying shades of a lawn. I was beginning to wonder if I should help you with your fashion or mow you."


"She'd tried to talk first, and so had he, their words tumbling into one another like bumper cars until she made him sit down across from her, and they each took a deep breath, laughing without any good reason except that there was a rare kind of joy in this, being here together again."
page 254, This Is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E Smith


"I'll have the steak, medium rare." He smiled softly at me. "What are you having?" He took a swig of water.
He thought he was so cool and funny. "Apparently sausage."

page 192, On Dublin Street by Samantha Young

No comments:

Post a Comment