Friday, June 27, 2014

First Line Friday (38) His Reverie by Monica Murphy



First Line Friday is a meme hosted on Rampant Readers, where we share the first line of the novel we a currently reading in order to pique the interest of other readers like you. So basically, we just share the first sentence or two of the novel you are currently reading, and tell us whether or not it hooked you in!

The book:


His Reverie

His Reverie by Monica Murphy

The only girl I could ever love.

She is light.

I am darkness.

She is innocent.

I’ve done too much.

She is good.

I am bad.

She is my every dream.

I should be her every nightmare.

We come from different worlds. She’s…perfect. And I’m…

Not.

Somehow she wants me anyway. So we’ll grasp at what we can. We’re going to make this summer count. She’s my secret. And I’m hers.

The problem with secrets is they never last for long. And when others discover we’re together, they’ll do whatever it takes to keep us apart. All I know is: I won’t let them.

Because Reverie Hale? She’s mine. (Blurb via Goodreads)
 The first line(s):

"I'm not good enough for her.
And I know it."

Hooked?
Yes.
Join the fun, link up at Rampant Readers

No comments:

Post a Comment